New York Urban Cultural Parks and Visitor Centers
Urban Cultural Parks link New York State
communities from New York City to Whitehall, and from Albany to Buffalo. Each
Urban Cultural Park or Heritage Area is developed around a theme such as
transportation, natural environment or reform movements. Set among traditional parks, historic neighborhoods, and old mills and
churches, in an Urban Cultural Park, the community itself becomes the park.
Albany - (518)
434-0405, Business and capital, transportation.
Endicott - (607) 772-0660,
Immigration, migration, labor and industry.
- (716) 856-3150, Flowering of culture.
Cohoes - (518) 237-7999, Labor and
(914) 331-7517, Transportation.
- (914) 941-3189, Reform movements.
Rochester - (716)
325-2030, Natural environment, run by the Greater Rochester Visitors
(315) 646-2321, Defense.
- (518) 587-3241, Natural environment.
- (518) 382-7890, Labor and industry.
Falls - (315) 568-2703, Reform movements.
- (315) 471-0593, Transportation, business and
capital, see the Erie
Troy - (518)270-8667, Labor and
Whitehall - (518) 499-0716,
Defense, see the Skenesborough